Population Health Management
The Affordable Care Act is changing the way the U.S. delivers healthcare. Novel delivery and cost measures such as shared savings, value-based insurance design, and patient-centered medical homes are becoming the new norm. In this environment, it is critical that healthcare delivery organizations find strategies to effectively manage their populations’ health.
IndiGO (Individualized Guidelines and Outcomes) is a clinical decision support and population management tool used by providers at the point of care to engage patients to improve their health outcomes.
Based on the Archimedes Model, IndiGO applies advanced algorithms to person-specific laboratory, pharmacy and demographic data obtained from electronic health records (EHRs). Using this information, IndiGO calculates:
- The patient’s risk of specific adverse health outcomes (such as heart attack, stroke, onset of diabetes, cancer)
- A prioritized list of evidence-based lifestyle, screening, and medication interventions that reduces those risks
Clinicians use IndiGO to determine which patients are most in need of interventions, to help identify the interventions that provide the greatest benefit for particular patients, and to motivate patients to initiate a preventive regimen or remain with their current care plan.
How you can use IndiGO
IndiGO provides a point of care solution for any provider group or health system that wants to improve patient outcomes and lower medical costs via actionable disease prevention strategies. IndiGO enables organizations to:
- Prioritize patients for outreach
- Avert high-cost, preventable hospitalizations and events
- Improve patient adherence to recommended treatment
- Provide patients with a more personalized experience
- Improve outcomes and lower costs
IndiGO is used nationwide by medical groups, health systems, and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs). An independent evaluation of an IndiGO pilot in Kaiser Permanente, Hawaii found the following outcomes associated with its use:
- High provider and patient satisfaction
- A 6-fold improvement in closing medication care gaps
- A 13% calculated reduction in CVD risk
IndiGO delivers the information both providers and patients need to make informed decisions – leading to better outcomes and lower costs