Disease Modeling Scientist
Take part in improving healthcare as a Scientist at an innovative, rapidly growing startup that has the benefits and financial backing of a large corporation!
The successful candidate will work in a world-class team of scientists responsible for developing, validating, and applying a mathematical model of disease progression and treatment. The Archimedes model is based on biology, physiology, medicine, epidemiology and superior mathematical modeling techniques.
Who are we?
Archimedes is an innovative, early stage company that has the benefits and financial backing of a large corporation! Archimedes was founded to answer complex questions and improve the quality and efficiency of health care. We build accurate simulation models of physiology, diseases and health care systems. Archimedes is a Kaiser Permanente innovation intended to benefit healthcare worldwide.
- Develop mathematical models of human physiology and patho-physiology
- Find relevant scientific literature and data about the initiation and progression of diseases and treatments for the disease
- Catalog processes associated with the detection and treatment of disease
- Program the disease model and integrate it into the Archimedes Model simulator
- Test and validating the model
- Document the disease model and its implementation
- Support users on the application, strengths, limitations of the disease model
- Work with clients to understand their needs and goals; design and direct simulation experiments to answer client questions; interpret findings; present findings; produce publishable reports on findings.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience (0-5 years), with disciplinary training in stochastic processes, statistics, public health, operations research, physics, engineering or mathematics
- 5+ years of experience building mathematical models and discrete event simulation models preferred (Graduate level research included)
- Demonstrated experience with advanced programming languages such as Java, C, C++, and Python, and experience with data analysis tools such as R, SAS, SQL, or Matlab.
- Excellent mathematical skills in techniques for modeling time progressing phenomena, such as stochastic processes, point processes, semi-Markov models, advanced calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, functional analysis, and statistics
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, writing and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated experience in developing mathematical models of natural history, screening, prevention and treatment of diseases, especially cancers.
- Background in health economics or public health
At Archimedes we recognize employees are our greatest asset. Our competitive compensation package and extensive offering of benefits reflect the value we place on employees' importance to our success and their careers. Archimedes strives to create an environment that embraces a work-life balance.
Archimedes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Send resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org (specify job title)