Clinical Trial Simulation
The current situation
Clinical studies are key contributors to the mission of many policy, research, and voluntary health organizations, and because they require a significant investment of an organization’s limited time and resources, it is critical to plan carefully to help ensure a trial’s success. Studies can fail to support objectives because of underpowering, inability to generalize results (e.g., due to narrow population), and outdated results due to long study duration.
Archimedes can help organizations:
- Estimate sample size more accurately (via better understanding of baseline/control arm event rates)
- Explore different populations, intervention protocols, trial durations, and choices for outcomes
- Increase likelihood of success and sharpen relevance for organization’s objectives
- Preview possible trial outcomes in simulated healthcare systems where patients do not always take medications and physicians to not always follow guidelines
The Archimedes advantage
The Archimedes Model is a comprehensive simulation model built to represent physiological, clinical, and administrative events as they occur in reality. It has been in development since 1993 and more than 50 clinical trials have been used to validate it. The Model can accurately represent populations, protocols, and outcomes at the level of detail used in real clinical trials.
How you can use the Archimedes Model
ARCHeS - ARCHeS is a comprehensive web-based tool you can use to access most of the Archimedes Model and simulate clinical trials relating to cardio-metabolic risk. For each simulation, ARCHeS gives you the power to specify:
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria (e.g., demographic characteristics, biomarker profiles, medical history, medication usage)
- Baseline characteristics for the defined population
- Interventions for cardio-metabolic conditions, including antihypertensive and antidiabetic agents, cholesterol medications, and interventions for obesity and smoking
- The delivery of care
- Subpopulations of interest
ARCHeS can also be used to create new or hypothetical treatments, either by drawing on the results of phase 2 clinical trials or by specifying effects on biomarkers and/or health outcomes. More...
Modeling & Consulting Services. Archimedes provides comprehensive support to help you run custom clinical trial simulations. Our team of scientists and physicians can work with you to develop your objectives, design simulations to answer your questions, and analyze and interpret the data. More...
Webinar and Case Studies
See how the Model is used for trial simulation: register for immediate access to our archived webinar and case studies.